Our Family's Crazy Christmas Card

Our Family's Crazy Christmas Card

Heber Grant Ivins, Jr

Today is the 18th anniversary of the passing of my 'Papa'


Dads become more special to us as time passes and especially after they are gone.

The story is long and ugly but my Dad was surely embarrassed by me and of me. I never became Alma the Younger but I did feel my Father's prayers in my life and I began to seek a better way. He saved my life.


My Dad is gone.

Neither of us ever became perfect.

But I pray all fathers and all sons find perfection

through our perfect Father and His perfect Son.


I love you Papa.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I miss my Grandpa. Although the memories of him are fading there are a few things I will never forget...the freckles on his arms, the gold chain around his neck, and how if I was the lucky one who got to his chair first I got to sit on his lap while he watched football. I really miss my Papa.

Sarah said...

Thanks for being willing to play Dad! How is the letter Q? I'm kidding, your letter is H. Have Fun!

The Ullery Family said...

I miss him too. I will never forget the sound of his voice, the smile he had when he was teasing someone, or how I always thought he was soooo tall! :) I also remember he gave really good hugs.

NickandAnnette said...

all i gotta say is i would have slept as much as he did if i was sitting inm front of golf on tv too. and i would fake sleep too.. if i had grandma as my wife..lol just kidding love you grandma and miss you grandpa. im glad ryann was able to play with him for a long time before we got her.